Go from predictably awful to awfully predictable
Whether you’re tired of justifying your data or cringe at playing department diplomat when the funding requests roll in, putting together the budget is a task many CFOs dread. But it doesn’t have to be. In fact, we’ve found that higher ed is one of the easiest industries to predict. More than 80 institutions have overhauled their budgeting and forecasting process with our free multi-year forecasting model. Interactive, transparent and above all, accurate, COMP4cast gets your entire team on the same page by answering “What if?” questions in real time.
We can help you…
- Break down silos and share ownership of the budget creation process with the entire leadership team.
- Immediately see how small changes in any one activity, price or discount will shift financial and operational outcomes for the next 5 years
- Model financial outcomes that yield full sets of prospective financial statements, including CFI and DOE ratios
- Create an actionable roadmap that links strategic initiatives with sound financial planning
Transform the process you avoid all year in just three days.
See what our colleagues have to say
“Non-traditional student programs are the more challenging revenue streams to accurately predict. The CFO Colleague model is the first one we have found that provides a reasonable basis to forecast and track this dynamic population. The process has given us confidence in budget creation and provided a reliable management tool to identify program trends and economic viability.”
– Gene De Young, Vice President for Finance and Administration, Northwest Christian University (OR)
“Jeff got down into the details, joining with us in crafting a roadmap that will shave a year off our cost accounting project and will yield a much more effective outcome. We benefited from his having been on over twenty campuses during the past year, giving us ideas and data structures we would have never thought of. Even our informal conversations, covering a variety of topics, brought needed perspective to challenging issues. A very productive three days.”
– Mr. George A. Latter, CFO and VP for Finance and Administrative Services, Point Loma Nazarene University (CA)
“CFO Colleague helped us create a five-year forecast that informed and improved our operational and strategic plans. Our investment in Jeff’s insight was invaluable and, in my opinion, the best money we’ve spent all year.”
– Mr. Rick Taphorn, Chief Financial Officer, Bryan College (TN)
How we work
We’ve broken down revenue projection into individually owned worksheets for enrollment, financial aid, strategic initiatives, capital spending, and more to give the entire leadership team a clear and immediate understanding of the impact their respective departments have on the budget. In just three days, you’ll learn how to use the COMP4cast tool and be able to present your leadership team with your first multi-year model. We’ll also train you how to update the model on your own, and new versions of the tool will always be available to download for free.